Welcome to PITA — Pennsylvania Infrastructure Technology Alliance
PITA is a Pennsylvania Department of Community and
Economic Development (DCED) program designed to provide economic benefit to Pennsylvania through knowledge transfer, the discovery of new technologies, and the retention of highly educated students.
It is a collaboration between the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the Center for Advanced Technology for Large Structural Systems (ATLSS) at Lehigh University, and the Institute for Complex Engineered Systems (ICES) at Carnegie Mellon University.
PITA’s research and education projects involve Pennsylvania companies, faculty, and students. PITA’s programs have led to the creation and implementation of numerous cutting-edge technologies in Pennsylvania companies and have also enabled several start-up companies to form within the Commonwealth.
- A New Approach to Address the Global Problem of Flaring
- Shaping the Future of Drug Delivery
- Bringing the Functionality and Convenience of GPS Indoors
- Building Modern Electronics at the Molecular Level
- Exploring the Health Applications of Vibration Data from Buildings
- Improving Diesel Engine Reliability while Minimizing Emissions